SUPPORT AND SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
Last Updated: July 29, 2021
Capitalized terms not defined in this Agreement (“Terms”) have the meanings set forth in the Chainstack Enterprise Subscription Agreement, between Chainstack and Customer.
- “Claim” means a claim submitted by Customer to Chainstack pursuant to these Terms.
- “Downtime” is a period of time where the Service was unavailable as determined by a combination of Chainstack’s internal and external monitoring systems.
- “Recovery Point Objective” (RPO) is defined as the maximum period of time in which data may be lost from the Service due to a major incident. Recovery point is determined by the timestamp of last backup or last database log file that is successfully restored.
- “Recovery Time Objective” (RTO) is defined as the maximum period of time in which the Service must be restored after a major incident. Recovery time is determined by the time elapsed between the declaration of an incident and restoration of Service.
- “SEV 1 Issue” means any Issue in which the Service is significantly impaired and unavailable causing critical disruption to business operations.
- “SEV 2 Issue” means any Issue in which major Service functionality does not work with critical time sensitivity, but with no massive or severe impact on business operations.
- “SEV 3 Issue” means any non-urgent Issue that, whilst potentially Service impacting, does not prevent Customer’s use of the Service in any material way (e.g. minor bugs or reports of unexpected behaviour).
- “SEV 4 Issue” means any general question related to Chainstack’s Products or Services. For example, purely informational requests, reports, usage questions, clarifications regarding documentation, or any feature enhancement suggestions.
- “Service Credit” is Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any violation of the Service Levels.
- “Service Levels” means the service level commitments set forth in Section 2 of these Terms, and any other standards that Chainstack chooses to adhere to and by which it measures the level of service provided to Customer.
- “Uptime” is the percentage of total possible minutes the applicable Chainstack Service was available in a given calendar quarter
- SERVICE LEVEL COMMITMENT
- Uptime. Chainstack guarantees a 99.9% quarterly uptime commitment for the applicable Chainstack Service. If Chainstack does not meet the SLA, then Customer will be entitled to a Service Credit to Customer’s account.
- Guarantees. Chainstack commits to maintain at least 99.9% Uptime for the applicable Chainstack Service. The Uptime calculation for each Service Feature that may be included with the applicable Chainstack Service is described below (“Uptime Calculation”). If Chainstack does not meet the SLA, Customer will be entitled to Service Credits based on the calculation below (“Service Credits Calculation”). Note, Downtime does not affect every customer at the same time or in the same way.
|Service Feature||Uptime Calculation||Service Credits Calculation|
| Management Console|
|(Total minutes in a calendar quarter – Downtime) / Total minutes in a calendar quarter||A Service Credits claim may be based on either (not both) of the following calculations: 10% of the amount Customer paid for a Service Feature in a calendar quarter where the Uptime for that Service Feature was less than or equal to 99.9%, but greater than 99.0%. OR 25% of the amount Customer paid for a Service Feature in a calendar quarter where the Uptime of that Service Feature was less than 99.0%.|
- Scheduled Maintenance. Chainstack can perform Service upgrades and other maintenance tasks during the maintenance window. Customer will be notified at least 7 days in advance by e-mail sent to the registered e-mail address. It is possible that during this maintenance period one of more Service features are temporarily completely or partially out of use and are therefore not available to the Customer. A scheduled maintenance message will contain the following information: (i) Timeframe in which scheduled maintenance will take place; (ii) Expected duration of scheduled maintenance; (iii) Service Features on which scheduled maintenance will be of influence. Scheduled maintenance is excluded from the availability calculations unless the period for the scheduled maintenance is exceeded and the service is therefore not available to the customer.
- Maintenance Window. Tuesday and Sunday from 06:00 AM to 10:00 AM UTC.
- Emergency Maintenance. Emergency maintenance may be required when conditions require immediate intervention. In such a situation, the customer is informed as soon as possible by e-mail to the registered e-mail address. Unavailability during emergency maintenance is included in the availability calculation.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- Customer Support Options.
|Dedicated Support||Priority Support|
|Pricing||Complementary||15% of Network Services usage|
|Availability||24 x 5||24 x 7|
|Support Method||Email||Email, chat, phone|
- Scope of Customer Support. Chainstack will provide to Customer the onboarding and technical support services for Service Features. Customer support does not include code development or the debugging of Customer’s software. For security reasons, only Customer’s Users may submit Claims to Chainstack.
- Customer Support Response Times and Availability. Chainstack’s initial response times (listed below) varies based on the customer support package purchased by Customer and the severity of the Issue. Chainstack is committed to providing a response within the timeframes described below, as measured from Customer initiation of a Claim.
|Applicable Services||Issue Example||Dedicated Support||Priority Support|
|SEV 1||Network Services||Customer’s nodes are not accessible.||< 2 hours||< 1 hour|
|SEV 2||Network Services, Management Console, Platform API||Management Console is not accessible while Customer’s nodes are working properly.||< 4 hours||< 2 hours|
|SEV 3||Network Services, Management Console, Platform API||Platform API returns an erroneous response for a particular request.||< 16 hours||< 8 hours|
|SEV 4||Network Services, Management Console, Platform API||Question on the interaction between the node and client software.||< 24 hours||< 12 hours|
- Resolved Claims. Following Chainstack’s initial response to a Claim, Chainstack will work with Customer to identify and resolve any and all Issues. Chainstack will consider a Claim to be resolved if: (a) Customer agrees that the Issue is resolved; (b) The source of the Issue lies with a third party, in which case, Chainstack will continue to assist Customer and act as a resource to Customer while Customer works with the third party to resolve such Issue; or (c) Customer does not respond to a query or request from Chainstack regarding an Issue after seven (7) consecutive calendar days. Notwithstanding the foregoing, with respect to Section (c) above, Chainstack will re-open the Issue if Customer contacts Chainstack any time after the Issue was deemed closed by Chainstack to report that the Issue has not yet been resolved.
Excluded from the Uptime Calculation are Service Feature failures resulting from (i) Customer’s acts, omissions, or misuse of the applicable Chainstack service including violations of the Agreement; (ii) failure of Customer’s internet connectivity; (iii) factors outside Chainstack’s reasonable control, including force majeure events; or (iv) Customer’s equipment, services, or other technology.
- SERVICE CREDITS REDEMPTION
If Chainstack does not meet this SLA, Customer may redeem Service Credits only upon written request to Chainstack within thirty (30) days of the end of the calendar quarter. Written requests for Service Credits redemption should be sent to Chainstack Support [https://support.chainstack.com].Service Credits may take the form of a refund or credit to Customer’s account, cannot be exchanged into a cash amount, are limited to a maximum of ninety (90) days of paid service per calendar quarter, require Customer to have paid any outstanding invoices, and expire upon termination of Customer’s agreement with Chainstack.
- CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE
Chainstack is using managed cloud infrastructure (compute, storage, database, and other components) that has at least 99.95% monthly uptime percentage from leading cloud service providers. Chainstack follows cloud service providers’ best practices.
- BACKUP AND DISASTER RECOVERY
- Backup and Disaster Recovery. Chainstack is performing regular backups of its Services, including Customer’s Network Services. Chainstack is performing regular Disaster Recovery simulations to verify that the corresponding procedures meet the target RPO and RTO.
- RPO. Target RPO for Management Console and Platform API is 1 hour. Target RPO for Network Services is 4 hours.
- RTO. Target RTO for Management Console and Platform API is 2 hours. Target RTO for Network Services is 4 hours.
- MONITORING AND ALERTING
- Management Console and Cloud Infrastructure. Real-time status of Management Console and cloud infrastructure can be found on Chainstack Status Page [https://status.chainstack.com]. Customer can subscribe for the relevant alerts on the same page.
- Network Services. Network Services monitoring is done internally by Chainstack. Monitoring for Customer’s Network Services may be provided to the Customer
Least privilege best practices are used. Each node application including processes and data are isolated. Transport Layer Security (TLS) is always used to secure communications between Customer’s systems and nodes deployed by Chainstack. Authentication is always required to access node and platform APIs. Multi-factor authentication is required for all employees who have any kind of access to Chainstack systems. Automated vulnerability assessment and patch management are applied across all Chainstack properties including codebase.
Chainstack reserves the right, as reasonably necessary or convenient for Chainstack’s own purposes, to: (a) improve the quality of service to the Customer; (b) change rules of operation, identification procedures, policies, types of equipment utilized by Chainstack at its cloud infrastructure, system interfaces, and operating and other system and network software and utilities upon thirty (30) days’ advance notice to the Customer; and (c) implement enhancements or updates to the Chainstack Service.